TRAVEL / ACCOMMODATION
West Africa’s Premier Mining & Power Exhibition
We have compiled a list of recommended hotels and apartments and negotiated special rates with a select number to cater to all needs and budgets. These hotels have specifically been selected based on their proximity to the Accra International Conference Centre.
If you require additional information about any of the properties contact: [email protected]
Accra Marriott Hotel
Distance from venue: 16mins (6.5kms)
Distance from airport: 4mins (1.2kms)
Rate p/n from: $210 – standard room
Contact: [email protected]Quote booking reference
to enjoy discounted rates: WAMPEX2022
Visas are required by most non-residents except ECOWAS nationals. Ghana missions and embassies in your home country will assist in issuing individual as well as group visas. Please note that you should apply for your visa at least 3-4 weeks in advance.
Documents required for your visa application:
- Letter of employment
- Invitation letter from the organizer [please see form below to be completed]
- Copy of Ghanaian Passport of person who signed the invitation [issued by the organizer]
- Flight booking confirmation
- Copy of Yellow Fever certificate
- Valid passport
- Copy of ID
LETTER oF INVITATION (VISAS)
*Please note that an invitation letter can only be issued once full payment has been made for delegate registrations and once all relevant exhibitor and sponsor T&Cs have been signed.
All personal information is processed under GDPR requirements.
COVID-19 HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
As of 29 March, there are no movement restrictions within Ghana with respect to COVID-19.
- Wearing of face masks/shield is no longer mandatory in public places (including vehicles).
- Public places are to provide apparatus for hand washing and sanitisation.
- Hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions are operating with safety measures in place.
- Nightclubs, pubs, beaches, cinemas and theatres have opened and operating fully.
- Conferences, workshops, meetings, weddings and events are permitted to operate fully.
- Religious services are permitted with appropriate COVID-19 measures in place.
- Commercial flights (domestic and international) are operational as well as domestic transport service
COVID /PRC TESTING REQUIREMENTS
- Departure process for passengers exiting Ghana
- Passengers departing Accra will be required to adhere to COVID-19 testing requirements for their destination countries. Departing passengers will undergo temperature screening at the entrance of Terminal 3 departures.
- PCR testing at the venue
- We have partnered with MDS Lancet who will provide PCR testing at the venue for those clients who need a travel PCR test. Please email [email protected] if you would like to use this service. The cost of the test is 350GH₵ and payable directly to the service provider.
All passengers arriving to Ghana will undergo temperature screening, Yellow Fever vaccination verification as well as COVID-19 vaccination certificate verification.
Proof of Yellow Fever vaccination is a requirement of entry into Ghana. Please remember to bring your health certificate which shows that you have a yellow fever vaccination.
COVID 19 vaccinations and testing requirements
Pre-arrival processes for travellers intending to enter Ghana
All international passengers including those from the ECOWAS region, intending to fly to Ghana, will be required to be fully vaccinated.
If you are FULLY VACCINATED, you are required to provide evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when arriving into Ghana. The Ghana Health Service defines a fully vaccinated person as someone who has taken the full dose of vaccines approved and registered by the Food and Drugs Authority of Ghana. This is one dose of Johnson and Johnson, or two doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or Sputnik V.
From 29 March 2022, fully vaccinated travellers do not need to take a coronavirus test to travel to Ghana and do not need to book to be tested on arrival. You will need to present your vaccination certificate before boarding and on arrival. You may choose to carry a hard copy of your certificate with you if you are unsure you will have access to the electronic version during your visit.